Process Explorer kills MSE 1.0.1963.0?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JoakimM, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoakimM

JoakimM Registered Member

Hi all!

Been trying out MSE for a while and noticed that I can kill the the app using Process Explorer. A warning shows up generated from MSE that it has been terminated and wants a restart. That´s great but shouldn´t it be better protected? It shouldn´t shut down at all and display a warning that an attempt to shut it down has been made, leaving the user a choice between terminating it or leaving it running?

Any thoughts? I haven´t tested the 2.0 beta, perhaps the issue is fixed, in that case just disregard this post.

Regards,
    Joakim

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

I wouldn't call it an issue - it is just a program design.
    It is free , it is simple , it relies on other built-in Windows protections , so you can't expect it have all the cool features some other products might have.

3. JoakimM

JoakimM Registered Member

True I guess. I am very pleased with it so far for its simplicity not being bloated as many other AV-programs and suites. What I failed to notice was that in fact it leaves its icon in the taskbar red-colored to remind the user that something is wrong. Case closed.

/J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.