procedure for File recovery.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by John drake, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John drake

John drake Registered Member

I am new Paragon Disk Manager software user so forgive asking this elementary question.
    I am testing backup and recovery and have created a recovery disk and done a full backup which is located on my second drive [R].
    I have booted from my recovery cd and selected safe mode and arrived at the Paragon screen,I do not think it is in full screen mode and could not see an option to switch to it.
    I have tried using the restore options simple restore and backup option in disk manager or browse an archive file but none of these give me the ability to select a file within the backup it would appear that it want to restore the complete backup to the disk.
    I have done a file restore from the backup when booted up in normal windows mode ok.
    I have noticed that my drive letters are mixed but believe this does not matter as my drive labels are clear to nominate the correct destination.
    As I do not want to launch into a full restore I would be grateful if someone could explain how to do a file recovery from my full backup when booted from a recovery disk.
    I have looked for other posting on this but only found one that was describing the actions from full view mode.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

file-level restore is not available from Linux-based Recovery CD.

This option works under Windows or WinPE Recovery CD.

3. John drake

John drake Registered Member

Many thanks for the info - would you recommend installing Windows PE I dont suppose it is free from Microsoft?

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

If you have paid Pro\Suite version of Paragon product, it already has ready-to-use WinPE image.

Please check if it is available for you:
    * go to My Account - My Dowanloads (http://www.paragon-software.com/login)
    * find corresponding product and search for
    Paragon *** *** Edition - WinPE based Recovery CD Image (****)
    * click the item and save *.exe file
    Run saved file and follow the instructions to burn WinPE CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.