Probs with TI 11 "bad Sector"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by radman2020, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radman2020

radman2020 Registered Member

I am having a problem with ti 11 that I never had before.

No matter what the backup task, it tells me there are bad sectors on one of my external drives and stops working...even if that drive isn't involved in the backup. I never had an issue before.

I have checked that disk with chkdsk and other software and it is fine. I did a complete format.. no probs. but I still get this error message.

Has anyone else seen this? any solutions?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. StardustOne

StardustOne Registered Member

I have the same issues here. When I try to restore a TI 11 or a TI 10 image, I usually get a bad sector error message as well and the restore does not work.

I am using the TI 11 recovery boot cd. I never had any issues with the TI 10 recovery cd concerning this.

The restore source is a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS server and I checked the filesystem and I also checked for bad sectors. The NAS seems to be fine, the TI 11 seems to be early beta, I suggest Acronis to fix this asap and to improve the quality control and testing. This should not happen with any product, especially not with a backup/restore solution customers trust their data.

I spent the entire weekend trying to restore TI 10 and 11 images by using the TI recovery CD, it never worked and since acronis changed the image structure, I can't restore the TI 11 images with the TI 10 recovery cd.

I am very disappointed about this.

3. radman2020

radman2020 Registered Member

your reply is even more disconcerting. This means that if I click ignore and let it backup, I might think I have a viable backup when I don't!

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

radman2020 are you using a NAS drive also?

Colin

5. mustang

mustang Developer

There is a new option in Default Backup options. There are two check boxes. One allows for ignoring bad sectors. The other allows you to turn off the displaying of error messages (silent mode). This may help in the image creation process.

I don't see any options in the Default Restore section concerning error handling. I don't know if changing the backup option to ignore bad sectors will help with your restore problems, but it is worth a try.

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello radman2020 and StardustOne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide the exact text of the error message or a screenshot?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.