Problems with TrueImage Trial Version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Simebaby, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simebaby

Simebaby Registered Member

Hi

I've installed the latest build of the TrueImage trial from the Acronis website, and have a few queries. The software is VERY unstable, at best I've managed to back up one partition, all other operations result in a STOP blue screen. This is always the same, as follows:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x000000C2,0x00000006,0x00000001,0xF771E179)

aar1210.sys - Address F771E179, base at F7716000, Datestamp 3e727F8a.

System is an AMD XP 3200+, with an Asus A7V8X motherboard. Disk Drives are:
    2 x Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120MB SATA drives, connected to Adaptec 1210SA SATA RAID card (drives are not in a RAID array).

1 x Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 200MB SATA drive, connected to SiL onboard SATA controller.

1 x Maxtor Onetouch II 300GB external HDD connected via Firewire.

I do like the look of this product, but obviously the stability is a serious issue, and I can't possibly consider purchase unless I can find a solution for this.

Many thanks!

Si

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

3. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
    So are you using SP2?

4. Simebaby

Yes - I'm using SP2. Do you have a link to the article?

Is the problem with TrueImage, or the adaptec controller (I belive the aar1210.sys file is an adaptec driver).

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Simebaby,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Are other programs working normally with your SATA drive? It is more likely that you have some problem with the controller or controller driver rather than with Acronis True Image.

To check whether Acronis True Image is the reason of the problem please do the following:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Simebaby

Hi

I've already sent a message with the above info to the support address. I've had no problems with SATA behaviour with any other applications. This is actually the first STOP screen I've seen on this current installation of XP.

Thanks

Si

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.