Problems with startup scans

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by md80120, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md80120

md80120 Registered Member

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X505 (64 bit Win 7 Home) and Nod32 42.58.3 and have problems where nod32 runs a long virus scan every time I start up my computer. This makes startup really slow and annoying.

In the scheduler I turned off both of the Automatic startup file check options. It didn't change anything. When I restart the computer the hard drive runs non-stop and when I check resource monitor there is a long list of ekern processes checking a long list of files. To make matters worse, it does this when I'm running on battery!

Is this a nod32 problem or am I missing a setting somewhere?

I've always been a big fan of nod32 because it hasn't been a system resource hog like other antivirus programs I've used.

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

You can try to edit the startup scan tasks and set them to run when your system is idle instead of disabling them completely.Also have you tried the latest version of NOD32 (4.2.64)?
    Maybe that'll help.

3. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I can't recall which recent version included an enhancement to the speed of start-up scans, but it is noticeably A LOT quicker now than it used to be.

As c2d said, I'd suggest downloading the latest version.

4. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I noticed this with the latest version. I was under the impression the startup scan was to only run once every 24 hours but it seems to run at every startup. Every time Eset brings out a new release they seem to break something, don't listen to users reporting problems on here and don't test/fix problems for ages unless its a major problem that affects hundreds of users. :mad:

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Startup scan.....the clue is in the name ;-)

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you download ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.2.64.12, uninstall your older copy and perform a clean install of your freshly-downloaded version, does the problem still occur?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.