Problems with Spywareblaster 2.6.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Hawaii, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawaii

Hawaii Registered Member

o_O
    OK guys, I have been using MRU-blaster for a long time (thank you for an excellent program), Spybot S&D etc. So I thought I try out your Spywareblaster.
    At first I did not notice any problem but then "things" started to go awry.

My SimCity4 that worked fine just 30 minutes before the installation now would not start (Gdriver Window - DirecX does not reply). Apparently I had one of the game discs in my CD-slot when I installed SB.

So I reversed the SB process so that nothing was protected - no change.
    I deinstalled SimCity4 and then reinstalled it - no change.
    I tried to run it from the DVD-slot - no change.

There are some other peculiarities to after the installation but we start with this problem.

So guys, what went wrong and how do we fix it?

I have XP Home, ZA Pro 4.5.538, Norton Antivirus, Spybot S&D 1.2

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster is a rather simple program (as far as what it does installing) and un-doing its protections should undo its effect completely. Since you are on XP, I'm assuming you didn't need to install any supporting files like an update to Microsoft's Visual Basic Runtime, which would be a separate installation in any case that you didn't mention having to do, so I can't think what could have gone wrong.

The most important thing is getting your system working again, of course, and also this may help determine the cause as well. Can you do a System Restore to the most recent restore point prior to SpywareBlaster's installation? (Is System Restore enabled and have you used it before?)

3. Hawaii

Hawaii Registered Member

o_O
    No, I didn't have to install VB runtime or anything else. And yes, I
    did a system restore. The problem with that is that the restore point is
    from the same day as I installed SB since I had to clear the system restore since it was geting very fragmented. After I restored nothing changed.

So I am scratching my head. Any more ideas? (Does it change anything in the
    registry?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.