Problems with Spyware Guard and MSCOMCTL.OCX...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by HillsCap, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HillsCap

HillsCap Registered Member

Hi, all. First time poster...

I've been running Spyware Guard for quite a while on WinXP Pro. Today, when I rebooted, it popped up the error that it couldn't find MSCOMCTL.OCX.

I went to the Wilders Security website, and downloaded the MSCOMCTL.OCX downloader and tried to install it (after closing all other programs, of course), and it gave me an error that the install failed, something about regsvr32 and invalid memory access.

I uninstalled Spyware Guard and reinstalled it, then tried again... no luck.

I then downloaded the MSCOMCTL.OCX cab file from MS (the one with the .inf file in it), and installed via the .inf file. It ran fine, and Spyware Guard started right up.

Strangely, after that, I tried running the Missing File installer, and it ran fine, as well.

Any ideas as to why that would happen?

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Welcome to Wilderssecurity. I think you will find the solution to your problem on this forum if your read the posts made by Javacool. Cheers. :)

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

jawohl! Check here my friend

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169

Also, welcome to Wilders forums! Hope ya hang around after ya get this file sorted ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.