Problems with scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dos, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dos

dos Registered Member

Okay, rather than hijack the other thread, I'll start with my problem here.

I can't get my machine to scan the MBR at all. My account is in local administrators and I've tried logging in as administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling under administrator, but still I get the same problem in the screen shot below. Does anyone know the fix for this?

http://www.btinternet.com/~dsanderson/screenshot.JPG

2. dos

dos Registered Member

Just found a manual in the deepest darkest depths of the internet saying this is normal. Hmm, so why the hell doesn't it wanna scan the MBR! :mad:

3. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Perhaps it is password protected.
    I had the same issue with the 386 SWP file.
    Asked here long time ago, and i dont think you should worry.
    but others here can answer this better. :)

4. dos

dos Registered Member

It's not password protected, it's just damn strange. And now even though everything has been set up correctly, NOD32 has decided not to scan any e-mails at all. This is not a good start. :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    pagefile.sys is the file of the virtual memory, for it reason Windows use it and NOD32 can't open it for analysis.
    I don't know if NOD32 scan or not the MBR, but scan the operative memory and many MBR viruses use the memory and NOD can detect those.
    Best regards,

6. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

If you aren't seeing any error message that it couldn't scan your bootsector/MBR, and you have "Boot sectors" selected in the "Setup" tab, then it's working, and scanning them.

Now, the e-mail problem. According to the NOD32 CC is IMON enabled? Are you retrieving your e-mail from a POP3 server on the standard port 110?

Best regards,
    Anders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.