Problems with PE suite still outstanding - Any progress?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Paul Coddington, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Coddington

Paul Coddington Registered Member

It must be nearly a year since I reported 4 serious bugs with the Privacy Expert suite:

1. Cluster Tips not being erased by PE.

2. PE Disk Wipe crash about 80% through scan (the C++ runtime was asked to terminate in an unusual way).

3. Boot CD-ROMs of Drive Cleanser treat RAID disks as ordinary disks without any checks or warnings and trash all partitions and the entire disk set while attempting to erase a single partition.

4. Selection of custom files and folders for secure erase does not work properly (PE) - folders and files are not independant and no wildcards are accepted even though they should be.

As some updates have been recently released, I spend some time trying them out last night and the latest version of Privacy Expert is still crashing, at which point I gave up. (I am obviously not going to test Drive Cleanser again - it is too much work repairing an entire system after having the RAID set trashed).

Although it is possible to erase the 20Gb C: partition with PE, it is not possible to erase the 360GB D: partition without a crash (these are on a SATA RAID 0 set). No DrWatson logs are produced by this crash (the log is empty and there is no mini dump).

Fortunately TrueImage does not seem to have any problems, but it concerns me that I have had a license for Privacy Expert for more than enough time for the issues to be addressed (the good part of a year), and there still seems to be no hope of having a product that works as advertised. I also note that others have reported the same problems (as evidenced by searches of this forum and Google).

In fact, there appears to be no evidence that bug reports are processed and addressed - we have new builds, but the bugs are still there, and there is no publication of the changes since the last build (so we have to waste time trying it out rather than seeing that our bugs are not addressed yet).

On top of this, I note that others raising similar questions on the forum are being met with what appear to be deliberately evasive answers (or answers from an automated process pretending to be human which ignore the issues raised completely).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  2. ACJ34672

ACJ34672 Guest

Another Issue

Just found:

When using the Explorer extensions to erase a selected folder, only the files are erased, not the folder that was selected.

Also, after attempting to erase the folder, the folder is left locked and can not be deleted or renamed.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Another Issue

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

To fix the problem we need to reproduce it first. Have you reported it to support@acronis.com? If so did you get a reply from Acronis Support Team? Every issue is being investigated by our Development Team and we are tryingot fix them all. Please send the detailed description of what you do and the error you get to us and we will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Paul Coddington

Probable cause is by coming to the end of the first HDD in the Array, it see 360gb on D:, but you and I know there is only 160gb before it drops off the end of the HDD. [drops off, is my non tech term :doubt: ]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.