Problems with my computer

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by RAMESH, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAMESH

RAMESH Registered Member

I have run the Professional version of Antiy ghostbusters (Shareware Trial Version) on my computer and it pointed out the following ghosts on various drives of my computer. I run windows 98 (SE) and have Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition with the latest update installed. All programs are run from the C Drive and I regularly surf the net for information relating to my job.

I would highly appreciate it if someone from your forum could help me in getting rid of these problems. Norton Antivirus does not seem to have the capability to detect these worms/trojans. I have tried using spysweeper, spyware guard, spyware blaster, etc. They have not been able to detect the presence of these worms and ghosts, which antiy ghostbuster has found.

The problems that have been found are:

C: windows\CLSPACK.EXE – I-worm.Stepaik - I do not know whether I can delete this file, as it may be a system file and if it is so, it may hang my system permanently.

D:\Rapidqbeta.zip\rapidq32.lib (This is a programming software which I downloaded from the internet) – backdoor.celine

D:\Win98dumps\win98\tour\content.htm – I Worm.Happy Time - I do not know whether I can delete this file, as it may be a system file and if it is so, it may hang my system permanently.

E:\win98\tour\content.htm – I Worm.Happy Time - I do not know whether I can delete this file, as it may be a system file and if it is so, it may hang my system permanently.

Please note that I need help urgently as my computer has been crashing 10 times a day for the past 3 days. Thanks and regards, Ramesh

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ramesh,

First, to be sure these are no false positives, please submit the files inquestion for a free online check over here.

Report the results, and we'll take it from there.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.