Problems with installing Trueimage Home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Raynor, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynor

Raynor Registered Member

Hello,

i've got problems installing TIH2009 (9769) on my Windows XP x64 SP2 Machine (I had TIH 11 installed before and removed it completely including all registry entrys, drivers etc. according to the description on the acronis page).

Nevertheless, the installation rolls back before finishing and says the installation was aborted and i had to run it again.

The Problem seems to be with the snapapi-installation. The interesting Part from the log-file is as follows:

MSI (s) (AC:AC) [18:36:46:390]: Hello, I'm your 32bit Elevated custom action server.
    1: MSIGEN:ASZUpdater: ASZ was installed and updating in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\".
    1: MSIGEN:ASZUpdater : WorkingDir found C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome
    1: MSIGEN:Command line: "--install" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome" "1"
    1: MSIGEN:Update completed with code = 0
    MSI (s) (AC:84) [18:36:52:140]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=_USRCUSTACT_MsiSnapmanRollback_SnapAPI,,)
    Aktion 18:36:52: _USRCUSTACT_MsiSnapmanRollback_SnapAPI.
    MSI (s) (AC:84) [18:36:52:140]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=_USRCUSTACT_MsiSnapmanRollback_SnapAPI,ActionType=3329,Source=BinaryData,Target=MsiSnapmanRollback,CustomActionData=C:\Temp\tmp11.tmp)
    MSI (s) (AC:84) [18:36:52:156]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=_USRCUSTACT_MsiSnapmanInstall_SnapAPI,,)
    Aktion 18:36:52: _USRCUSTACT_MsiSnapmanInstall_SnapAPI.
    MSI (s) (AC:84) [18:36:52:156]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=_USRCUSTACT_MsiSnapmanInstall_SnapAPI,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=MsiSnapmanInstall,CustomActionData=C:\Temp\tmp11.tmp)
    MSI (s) (AC:80) [18:36:52:218]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI2A.tmp, Entrypoint: MsiSnapmanInstall
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Execution started.
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Path to SnapAPI DLL: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\snapapi.dll
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Driver status: 1060
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Driver installation required.
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Driver files extracted successfully.
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: windows major version 5 detected
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Extract setup dll.
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: App mode - extract setup app.
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: extract setup app setupapp.exe
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: Setup helper DLL configured successfully.
    1: MSIGEN:MsiSnapmanInstall: SnapAPI installation completed - 0xE000022F.
    Aktion beendet um 18:36:57: InstallFinalize. Rückgabewert 3.
    MSI (s) (AC:84) [18:36:57:984]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
    MSI (s) (AC:84) [18:36:57:984]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Raynor,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Unfortunately, the part of the MSI log you provided doesn't contain the necessary information, we need the entire log file.

To resolve the issue could you please do the following?

1. Completely uninstall Acronis software (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs. Select Acronis True Image (if there is any) and hit "Remove").

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Temporally disable your Anti-Virus software (including Firewalls).

4. Manually delete the content of the following folder: C:\documents and settings\[account_name]\local settings\temp

5. Try to install the product again from the scratch.

If the problem persists, please recreate MSI log file and attach to your next post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.