problems with hidden partitions in Acronis OS Selector 8 ?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Peter Nom, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Nom

Peter Nom Registered Member

I hope you could help me with Acronis OS Selector 8.
    Short problem description: I've got 2 systems: Windows XP Professional (on 1 HDD) and Windows 98SE (on 2 HDD). From beginning I used your program to choose operating system. Everything was fine till moment when on the second hard disc with Windows 98SE scandisc detected bad sectors ?! Finally on this disc there were generated over 6000 files with .chk extension and Windows98SE didn't boot. I format this disk with Low Level Format (with Maxtor PowerMax program I chose Quick LOW Level Format). I reinstalled this system with Powerquest Image so after 5 minutes I had new working Windows98SE system. Then I again wanted to use your program to select OS. I reinstall Acronis OS Selector 8, it detected correctly 2 operating systems. WindowsXP works well, but when I boot to Windows98SE system Acronis shows only this partitions on second HDD. I cannot see the partions from first HDD. All partitions are FAT32. I tried to change this hidden partitions in Disk Administrator menu in Acronis OS Selector. I chose UNHIDE all partitions (except of course partitions with WindowsXP). I chose OK and everything looks fine (partitions are unhidden) but when next when I boot Windows98SE system this program made these partitions again hidden. I made these steps several times and all the time is the same situtation. In Windows98SE I see only partition on second HDD, I cannot see partions on first HDD.
    What I do wrong ?
    I'll be very grateful for your response and help.

2. Peter Nom

Peter Nom Registered Member

Hello
    Now I coped with this problem.
    First I tried to unhide partitions in Disk Administrator. It was mistake.
    Partitions should be unhidden in Operating System menu. Then everything works.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really glad to hear that you have resolved this issue. The thing is that Acronis OS Selector allows you to configure partition structure for every operating system separately using the 'Properties' option of the operating system.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.