Problems with ESS on Vista x64

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by E-Buzz, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Using ESS in interactive mode on a x64 Vista platform with UAC turned off, been extremely satisfied the whole time, but now, with the 3.0.684.0 version strange things beginning to happened.

1. ESS suddenly started to block my VPN connection (to work) and this without any deny/allow option message appearing on screen. It just blocks it, never did that before without my consent.

2. ESS all of a sudden starts to download and install new program components without asking for my permission, as stated in the setup.

3. ESS blocks Windows Update without asking for permission to connect, never done that before.

A major decrease in functionality, i would say. I think my solution must be to uninstall, download and install it again to try and fix it, but just wanted to investigate if others have had similar problems and if there might be another solution besides uninstall/install it again. Not even sure that will help though....

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i´ve tried the above with firewall disabled, works just great.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello E-Buzz,

The new version contained module upgrades and no component upgrades. Please try the reinstall and let me know if it helped.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Yes Sir, i un/reinstalled and it really helped! All back to normal functioning again.....And about the module/component upgrade, the popup that shows up after updating clearly stated that is was a component upgrade performed, maybe it should be called something else in case of a module update, just to avoid confusion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.