Problems with combination Icredimental/Full-Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Snoggi, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoggi

Snoggi Registered Member

Hallo
    I have a problem with the backups. I configured a task in order that Acronis make one full backup first, then 3 incremental backups. My Backup-Memory is configured to not more than 4 backups!
    But Acronis TI ignore this settings, because in my backup space are not 4 backups, but 6. I tried a backup six timres, and i thought it will go:

Full Backup
    Incredimental
    Incredimental
    Incredimental
    Full Backup (with deleting the first full backup because of the backup-space configuration)

Does anyone have the same problem?

2. fredacro

fredacro Registered Member

Yes, I was about to start a new thread asking about it.

Using the current version of Home 10.

I backup to an external USB drive which is only switched on as required so I do not schedule anything.

I created a backup location on the drive and created a backup task and chose to create incremental backups with the option "Create a new full backup after 5 incremental backups" checked.

I start the task manually as required. So far it created an initial full backup and 13 incremental backups.

Looking at the logs it always says "Create Incremental Backup Archive From:....." then I see it doing location age and quota checks.

The "Create a new full backup after n incremental backups" appears not to work. Perhaps it only works when tasks are started by the scheduler which I did not find documented and does not meet my needs.

3. fredacro

fredacro Registered Member

Bumping this as there were no useful replies and I just confirmed this is bugged.

A couple of weeks ago I read some more here, read some text file someone attached.

I deleted my backup locations, deleted the tasks and made them all again. The task has "Create a new full backup after 5 incremental backups" checked.

I ran the task manually several times and as expected after 5 incrementals it created a new full backup. I though it must have been some glitch with the previous task or location, deleted all the backups, ran the task again to create a new starting full backup and thought I am now set to have the thing work like I want it to running the task manually every few days.

Today I run the task again and it creates a 6th incremental backup not a new full back up. This feature is unreliable and bugged.

I may as well forget about backup locations and manually rename the backup directory and create a new one to force a full backup for the task then manually delete the oldest renamed directories to manage disk space - like I did before I tried to make these TI features do the work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.