Problems with backup!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hotcarver1, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotcarver1

hotcarver1 Registered Member

Hi friends.That's my problem,any help would be very usefull..I upgrade the ti9 to ti10..I have a problem with my backups sometimes..So i made a full backup of my documents.When sometimes want to make an incremental backup the ti works fine but sometimes it makes a full backup again.That means that if my complete backup is about 30Gb it creates a incremental backup of 30Gb again..not all the times but it happens..why this happens?Many times i have a full backup of my documents and 3 incrementals and when some day i try to make a new incremental backup it creates an incremental of tha same Gb as the full backup...thanks for your help in advance!!

2. hotcarver1

hotcarver1 Registered Member

no answerso_Oi would appreciate your help..

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Most common reason for this is that the disk was defragged at some time before the large incremental was made. Imaging programs look at a map of in-use sectors and if the sectors get moved such as during defragging they are marked as changed and need to be backed up.

4. The_Nightowl

The_Nightowl Registered Member

I recognized this behaviour as well if I only incremental backing up files and folders (and NOT imaging a drive). Sometimes it seems to me, that rebooting a PC between two schedules is a workaround for this problem. I am still wondering that this hasn't been fixed since this a known issue also in TI 9 :-(

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hotcarver1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as seekforever mentioned the incremental or differential backup created after a disk is defragmented might be considerably larger than usual. It depends on many factors such as how the disc was fragmented before the defragmentation or what data was changed since the previous incremental backup was created. Please have a look at this thread for details.

Could you please create a screen shot of the folder where you store the image archive? Set View-> Details prior to creating the screen shots. Please collect the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains information about creation of this incremental image archive (the one that have the same size as full backup). In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.