Problems with backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SenorSlick, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorSlick

SenorSlick Registered Member

The worst scenario: I have made complete full backup of my C drive (primary) to another drive H and all went beautifully, and have since I purchased the program some time ago, doing full BU's and incrementals per schedule and so on . The full BU, *.tib is there in my H drive. Several days ago the C drive crashed...wiped out ...nothing at all left there, black screen etc etc ..... I re-installed Win Xp home to the C drive and go to restore all the files from the full back up in H to C, and I can't because the Acronis application says I need to re-install it since it is not functional in the H drive. So I now have a full back up in H that I can't get to load to C. What to do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Re: Questions for beginners,.. Ask away OK

Hello,

since your issues are with Acronis, your post will be moved to the appropriate forum.

snowbound

3. SenorSlick

Where might I find the replies?

4. snowbound

Where u just made this reply. In this new thread.

I renamed the thread "Problems with backup".

snowbound

5. SenorSlick

AH good. So, do you have a suggestion as to how to restore my back up (*.tib) from the H drive (where Acronis application will not work) to the new primary drive C ?

6. snowbound

No, i'm afraid i don't. I don't use this software but i'm sure someone with the help u need will be along.

snowbound

7. SenorSlick

Thank you.

8. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hopefully you made a boot disk and can boot into ATI from it to do the restore. The other possibility I can think of if you did not make a boot disk is maybe you know someone that uses ATI close to you that would let you borrow their disk to get you going again. If not maybe someone has other suggestions....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.