Problems with Backup Home 11

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jeffh110, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffh110

jeffh110 Registered Member

I have never got a successful backup on either of my machines. I receive an error message about VSS, if I disable VSS then I receive an error that a "restart is required". Even if I restart the machine I still receive the restart message. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are you actually disabling VSS or are you just switching within Home 11 to the Paragon Hot Imaging or whatever they call it. It is an alternative to VSS.

3. jeffh110

jeffh110 Registered Member

Within Windows I have the service off... within backup I have it disabled on the Settings tab... is there something else I need to do?

Thanks.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Just leave it alone in Windows.

In Paragon Home 10 and I suspect it is similar in Home 11, go to Tools Settings Hot Processing. Where you have Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy, drop down the box and select Paragon Hot Processing. This uses the Paragon method instead of VSS.

Note that VSS problems may not be directly related to Paragon; there are many reasons for VSS to get an error.

5. richwalf

richwalf Registered Member

Same here on Win XP Pro SP3 always get the VSS failure when trying to imaged the C drive.

Now, today I downloaded the demo of the Hard Disk Manager Suite and the VSS problem is not in this version and the online image of the C drive works fine.

This is on the exact same machine. Backup and Recovery 11 fails and the demo of HDM works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.