Problems with ATI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hugh, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugh

Hugh Registered Member

yesyerday having used acronis 9 for years with no issues I had to upgrade to 10 because a new laptop could not read or find the images.

I made an image fine and boot discs and am able to restore and create images - made an image on CD for the lap top but am unable to make an image on CD for the main computer - I was using new media and have tried two types - I was able to burn Image OK

I registered my downloaded product gave an email address and created a password on the Acronis site but they all keep being rejected - HELP

log file reads

message="Please insert the first media
    Please insert a disc, and then click <bold>OK</bold> when ready; or click <bold>Cancel</bold> to stop the operation.

You can use an empty disc or a disc with backup archive, which was previously created by Acronis True Image Home, if there is enough free space left on the disc.: oK/Cancel: User replied: oK" module="100" time="1169751792" />
    <event code="3" id="17" level="2" message="Error writing the file." module="4" time="1169752296" />
    <event code="3" id="18" level="4" message="Error writing the file.

A possible reason may be poor media quality.

Please press &lt;bold>Retry&lt;/bold> to continue with Volume 1 or press &lt;bold>Cancel&lt;/bold> to cancel the operation.: Retry//Cancel" module="4" time="1169752296" />

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

How long was 9 in release. Does it add up to two years already?

3. Hugh

Hugh Registered Member

Dont know how long I had 9 but this problem seems it may be an issue with Burning software

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hugh,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that when you have already registered, to log in you need to enter your e-mail and password in the section "Already registered?" to the right of the page.
    If you are still unable to log in, please send us a private message with your e-mail, and we'll investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly and provide you with a possible solution:

- Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;
    If there is no such folder, then create it first.
    - Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - Collect the cdrecord.log which will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also collect the log of failed operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.