Problems with Ad-Aware

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by jjett, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjett

jjett Registered Member

A friend of mine downloaded and ran Ad-Aware and is now having major problems. I would have her ask for help in here but she can't even get connected to the internet anymore. She has a Dell and is running Windows XP home edition. She wasn't having any spyware/adware problems but I had mentioned it too her and she ask for the link. I gave her this link

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware

but she said that she couldn't get it too download but that she used another link on that page. It found a lot of files and she got rid of them. Then she started having problems getting web pages to load so she said that she went back and restored all the files from the quarantine. I don't know what else she may have done but now today she tells me that she can't get connected to the net. She uses a dial up connection. Her ISP was on the phone with her for an hour and couldn't find anything wrong. She also called Dell and they told her that it was because of Ad-aware that she was having problems and that she should crash the computer.

Any suggestions as too what is wrong?

2. jjett

jjett Registered Member

Problem resolved....she took Dell's advice and used the CD's that came with the computer and started over. Seems to be working OK now but she lost all her music that she had downloaded :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.