Problems with 657 + 31XX sigs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by djmorgan, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

I don't know if this has relevance to any having speed issues and CPU high running after updating to .657 and then getting hit with the sig fiasco later.

I followed Eset's recommended way to recover but noticed on each load I was getting a *.dat file in my temp folder, as I am temp sensitive I knew this *.dat file was new and being created by something new in the past 24 hours, it also took a long time to delete it.

Running task manager I noticed that every time I selected this particular dat file ekrn.exe went to the top of the stack and ran at 70 to 100% forever...

My only solution was a complete uninstall of ESS including registry sweep and deletion of all folders then a new install.

Now things are back to normal.

As I say, this may be my machine specific, but if you see a foreign dat file in your temp folder this may be causing your speed and performace issues.
    :doubt:

2. jhuk

jhuk Banned

Yes this build or a Definition for it have caused many users to have 100% CPU use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.