Problems when task runs via TrueImageHomeService.exe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by habich, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habich

habich Registered Member

Version Acronis True Image Home 2009 build 9.769 (german version)
    Windows XP SP3
    XP User rights: Users, Backup Operators
    User has full control of c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\acronis\

After i create a task with no schedule, the task is not shown in the Acronis application "Tasks and Logs" but the flie is created under c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\665.....

when i run a task as a batch via
    "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe" /script:"c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\acronis\......"
    i got following problems

The task is set to create an incremental Backup.
    When i start it from within the Acronis application the task ist done correctly.
    When start from TrueImageHomeService.exe acronis is allways overwriting the last File of the Backup.
    Example:
    If i have mybackup1.tib and mybackup2.tib, TrueImageHomeService.exe overwrites mybackup2.tib with a new incremental file. when i delete mybackup2.tip, acronis create a new full backup mybackup1.tib.

When the task runs from TrueImageHomeService.exe the task often stops with the error (0x70004) or mtf-bitmap error. this only happens when the task runs from TrueImageHomeService.exe and never from the Acronis application.

there is no difference if i start the task via batch or just in the command line.
    always the same problems.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello habich,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Could you please check the disks for errors?

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Also update Acronis scheduler using the following article

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. habich

habich Registered Member

Already tried this. There is no problem.
    And i never had a mft error when i start the task form the acronis application, only via command line

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello habich,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To resolve the issue with the task that is not shown in the Acronis application "Tasks and Logs" please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the tasks. The issue should be resolved.

If the issue persists after the update of Acronis Scheduler, please obtain the script of the task (it is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts and has the .tib.tis extension). Rename the file to .txt file and attach to your next post.

To find the exact reason of the issue please provide us with the following information:

1) Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and attach to your post.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

2) - Launch the program;
    - Tasks and logs, Log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors and make right-click on it;
    - Select save option and specify the desired location for the log file to save to;
    - Attach the log file to your post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.