Problems Using Universal Restore to VIrtual Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fitzie22, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitzie22

fitzie22 Registered Member

I have been at trying to restore an image froma physical server to a virtual using trueimage universal resore adn I have called support and there help was minimal. here are the steps that I have done

-create a helper virtual server
    -attacch 2 virtual harddrives and boot the virtual server (running w2k3)
    -copy the image file to drive 2
    -run the trueimage enterprise 9.1 server with universal restore installed and restore to the 3rd harddrive.

here is where it gets interesting. do I select the driver of the raid card or the buslogic virtual scsi driver. if it is the latter then can somone tell me where to get the driver. Any help would be great

2. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fitzie22,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if the virtual hard drive uses SCSI controller, you should provide appropriate drivers while performing system restore to the virtual machine. For example, the widespread VMware environment requires Buslogic or LSI logic drivers. Use drivers bundled with your virtual machine software or download the latest drivers versions from the software manufacturer website. Please also have a look at this thread that might be useful.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.