Problems to recover computer

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bera, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bera

bera Registered Member

Hi
    I'm not sure if this proper forum to ask but I have to try.

I'm newbe with Norton Ghost 14. I made sometime ago backups of my harddrives. Now, something happened with my system and almost everything doesn't work well. I would like to restore my computer from my backup but I cannot create Recovery Disk. When I try in Ghost to create I"m getting very strange window

http://h.imagehost.org/0367/1_58.jpg

and I cannot create recovery disk.
    I found Symantec Recovery Disk ISO and I burned it but when I tried to boot from this disk I"ve got message:
    The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the corrupted checksum.
    Please, someone help me to solve this problem. My Windows is getting worse and worse.
    P.S.
    My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x64
    Could someone help me to solve this problem. My Windows is getting worse and worse. :'(
    P.S.
    My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

The best I can remember, ghost has an option in the main gui that will allow you to modify your bootloader so that you will have the option to boot into the ghost recovery environment at boot up. If you can still open and use the program then try that. I can't remember what it is called but it had the option in it. Look at the ghost pdf user manual. If that will not work then you may have to reinstall. Next time make your recovery cd asap, and install that bootloader.

3. bera

bera Registered Member

I tried in Windows open Norton Ghost Disk and I press Run Driver Validation

http://h.imagehost.org/0880/2_3.jpg

I don't now if this thing has any meaning but I put hear maybe helps to see what's wrong:(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  4. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  5. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Look at page 148-149

Attached Files:

6. bera

bera Registered Member

I don't have this option .:doubt:

7. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Have you activated Norton ghost?

8. bera

bera Registered Member

Hi Guys
    Yes first I did activate but something went wrong and it was activated but was kind recognized as not. It sounds strange but it was this way. I reinstalled it and I used in the end my friend Symantec Recovery Disk and I got in.
    Thanks for your response. I fixed everything. I made backup of my computer.
    Still I'm not sure what was a problem, why it happened.
    Thanks one more time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.