Problems to install TrueImage Echo Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Linerunner, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linerunner

Linerunner Registered Member

Dear members,

yesterday i purchased the TI Echo Workstation Upgrade + Universal Restore (my machine (XP-Pro SP2) runs the version 9.1 + Universal Restore).

1. i upgrade the LicenseServer and add the new licence (the new license is correctly indicated as unused).

2. so i run the setup for the TrueImage Version and get an error
    "no Licenses available ..."

the Version 9.1 runs without errors, so i think the LicenseServer works and ist online.
    I try this on a blank XP-Installation --> same error :blink:, placed the Licence Server on a 2. machine in the network --> "no Licenses available ..." :gack:

What goes wrong?

Greets Tom
    (and sorry for my bad english :cool: )

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If I understand you correctly, you have Workstation 9.1 and Echo on the same system.

If so, this is a no no, you can't have any other type of TI (11, workstation) on the same system as Echo.

Colin

3. Linerunner

Linerunner Registered Member

Hi Colin,

i try it after a complete deinstallation (i clean the registy manualy)
    --> same problem
    i try it on a second mashine (there are never a acronis product installed)
    --> the same
    i ad the license-key from the older version into the license server so the new and the old key shown unused
    --> same problem "no license .... please register"

i think there anything bad with my licence key, or the license server.
    This license server ist realy .... :ouch: , i wrote to the german support and wait what they say.

Now i installed the version 9.1 --> it runs.

Tom

4. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Hi Colin,

I am not the OP, but...

You mentioned that TI should be removed completely before installing Echo, and certainly you may be correct.

I am confused by the fact that the installation process for Echo does not mention that need. It seems to have removed my TIW 9.1 as part of its own installation.

I also believe that the User's Guide describes the need to un-install only if one has the Trial Version of Echo installed. For other products, I can find no such mention.

Please understand that I am not trying to convey that I disagree with your suggestion. It is just that I don't understand why you believe it to be necessary.

I ask in part because I did the Echo installation (removing nothing first) and then tried to run a task that usually takes 3 hours. After about 15 minutes, the visible estimate was 1 Day - 2 Hours...

Thanks for your comments,

Kenneth

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It doesn't say anything in the literature. I'm going by a support answer from the development team for the Echo products, where they told me that Echo should not be installed on the same system alongside TI Home or other components.

So whilst Echo will talk to a workstation that has Workstation installed (it won't talk properly to TI Home, as Home uses a different imaging engine), it is likely to misbehave or not work correctly at all if installed on the same machine.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.