Problems since "updating" to b786

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wallace, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wallace

Wallace Registered Member

My problem has only just started to happen since I updated to build 786 from 774.
    I have a HighPoint RAID BIOS set up for RAID0 using two MAXTOR 80GB HDD's. I routinely make a new True Image image of my Windows partition, especially before I install any new software. I save my images to a partition on the RAID0 array. Up to the update I have used this method without a hitch. Sometimes I use Acronis Secure Zone that I have set up on a physically separate Seagate HDD. Again it works for me.

To restore an image I usually press F11 at boot time and run TI from there. Since I have updated to build 786, my complete RAID0 array in inaccessible, therefore I cannot access my image files.

Running TI from within the Windows environment works OK even with build 786. However, because I am trying to restore my boot partition I am required to re-boot my PC. It is now I am in a "catch-22" situation because on re-boot I cannot read my image files!.

As a work round I have copied some images to my Seagate HDD which is still accessible (because it is Non-RAID).

It must be some incompatibility with my HighPoint RAID controller, but only since the TI update!

Using WindowsXP Pro, TI v8.0 build 786, 512M RDRAM, 160GB RAID0 array, 40GB Seagate HDD. HighPoint RAID controller (built onto ABIT MoBo) using latest drivers v2.34.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.