Problems restoring Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Deihmos, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deihmos

Deihmos Registered Member

I have the P5N-E SLI Motherboard with 2 seagate 7200.10 drives in Raid 0. WHen I try to do a restore it cleans the drive but nothing is recovered. It stays at 'Current Operation Progress' with no progress. It stays like that even though it already cleared the drive.

I tried the recovery by booting from a USB drive and from booting Vista first. I am using Acronis 10 Home and it worked fine when I had XP. Is there an issue with this board and Acronis?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Create the bootable Rescue CD from the Acronis software, boot with it and try the Recovery from the Rescue cd menu.

3. Deihmos

I got it to work by restoring the motherboard default options. Looks like there is an option that I disabled that was causing the problem. I usually disable all devices that I do not use and I enabled some of the CPU options.

Update - Spoke to soon...the recovery stopped. I think there is an issue with it and this new motherboard. Cannot be booting from the USB drive because that's how I did it when I had another motherboard and I never had a problem.

4. Ralphie

Just curious ... so that motherboard allows booting into Windows from a usb drive?

5. Deihmos

I boot the Acronis recovery from a USB drive not windows. It can boot from either a USB drive, floppy or cd it's the same thing. I also tried a recovery from booting the OS then when the PC restarts nothing is recovered.

6. Ralphie

I'm not getting all the pieces of the puzzle. o_O If you're able to launch TI from the usb drive, how are you booting in order to see the usb drive?

7. Deihmos

The bios can boot from a USB Flash drive. The problem is with the hard drive that stores the backup. If I transfer the backups to a partition on the raid drives it works but I cannot restore from my single Western Digital Drive. Worked fine on my previous motherboard so I don't understand why it's not working with this one.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This thread isn't totally clear to me but it sounds like you used to use TI10 with XP and a different motherboard with this USB drive. You booted TI from the USB drive as well.

Now you have changed the MB and also gone to Vista and the USB drive doesn't restore properly.

Is that correct?

What happens if you use TI's validate function on the archive both in Windows and from the Linux recovery environment?

As a further test, I would take a large TI file and calculate the checksum using a free checksum calculator and then transfer the file to the USB drive and calculate it again. They must agree.
    I would then transfer it back to the PC HD and calculate it again. They must agree.

If they don't then the USB drive and the new board's chipset aren't happy or you have faulty hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.