Problems Restoring Image From Network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PAUL77, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAUL77

PAUL77 Registered Member

I stored a complete image of my c drive onto one of my network drives. When I try to perform a complete restore I am prompted for a user name/pw to access my network. I have entered both my credentials and the admin's credentials but the Acronis user name/pw field keeps coming back up blank.

I did not specify a password when I created the image.

Using True Image 8.0 build 937.

My pc is running W2k, my network server is running SBS 2003.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. pdigiacinto

pdigiacinto Registered Member

Try entering your domain first in the username box then slash username; ie, domain/username. If you are just entering your username, it will keep comming up and not let you connect to the server/drive because you are not authenticated yet off the bootable cd.

3. PAUL77

PAUL77 Registered Member

Thanks for the advice, tried my domain/username but still no authentication. I can connect to the other pc's on my network, just not the file share server.

Is there a way to setup the boot cd to authenticate for me?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PAUL77,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as it is suggested in this FAQ article and see if it solves the problem.

If the problem still persists then please make sure that the Sharing Permissions for the folder where the image you try to restore resides are set to Full Control (right-click on folder in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Sharing -> Permissions).

If that does not help either then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files are not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters, i.e. SYSINFO.TXT, NET.TXT, or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive (the same applies to the net.txt file).

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists. Inform us about the result.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. PAUL77

PAUL77 Registered Member

Alexey, your prior recomendation to change the security settings in my domain controller fixed my problem. Thanks for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.