Problems removing Trend Micro software

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T_Jeffus, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Jeffus

T_Jeffus Registered Member

Hello all, New kid here.

I have read some less than flattering reviews about Trend Micro products and I am going with different AV software this year.

I have read some very good things about the Kaspersky AV 8.

My question concerns some things I've read about Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 being difficult to remove.

Does anyone have some insights on this issue?

My system is a Dell Dimension 4600, P4 2.8Ghz, Windows XP Pro SP2 if any of that matters.

Thanks for any help.

TJ

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

I never had problem removing TMIS 2007 where I had problem removing BitDefender IS 2008 everytime! So do not listen to what people say and try it out on your computer.

BTW if you check the folder where Trend Micro is installed you'll find a file which enables force-removal of TMIS 2007 in case of any problem. I don't remember the file name but it was kinda obvious from the file name.

PS: Trend Micro kept me protected. Its not a bad AV for me.

3. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

Trend is quite heavy for me,
    I had some difficulty in removing...

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

5. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Kaspersky 8 is not even out yet. Don't go for that, go for version 7, if you wanna go for Kaspersky at all. Good luck with uninstall of TM.

Cheers

6. T_Jeffus

T_Jeffus Registered Member

Thank you all for your input. With so many AV and Internet Security suites to choose from it is very confusing as to which will do the best for me.
    I have read good and bad about all of them. Maybe I should just pay for another year of TM and hope next year will sort some of this out.

Thanks for the link to the TM site, if I do go with another brand I may need that.

Always open to suggestions for something as important as AV and IS.

TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.