Problems reinstalling process guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jelle, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jelle

Jelle Guest

Well, my process guard just crashed and it didnt want to start up again, i uninstall, and reinstall... during the reinstall process i get this... procguard.sys doesnt want to be deleted... only because my old procguard.sys doenst want to be deleted i cant properly reinstall process guard and so it doesnt work for me anymore, anyone got some tips for me how to delete procguard.syso_O

p.s. when i try to delete procguard.sys it gives me this error
    "Cannon delete procguard.sys:Cannot find the specified file.
    Make sure you have the correct path and file name"

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Jelle...

You will definitely have to uninstall it properly first and there is a slight trick to it if you cannot get it to work.

You have to delete the procguard.dll and pguard.dat in your System32 folder.
    [C:\WINDOWS\System32]. If they still exist in there, delete them.

However, to fully do it right, see Gavin's instructions for full help HERE

Cheers, TAS

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

G Man may be wrong about his owen program in this situation

i had same problem ill be back with the real fix

4. Mr.Blaze

DCS family on some pc's your un-install how to is incorrect in that its only one way to fix a different problem thats similar to whats really going on.

procgurd.sys i think was the Little demon that didn't want to go alway

your tutorial un-install in this forum describes a slightly different situation.

for those that get an error that says procgurad.sys error when installing options retry ignore and abort this is what you do

un-install old process guard

now install processguard you will get the same error now click ignore not recommended

process guard will now re add registry entrys the correct ones and set the right paths where they should had been

now un-install the new process guard procguard.sys will be gone this time lol

now reinstall now you have Brand new process guard with the new procguard.sys

seems the bug is fixed in the new version

5. Mr.Blaze

ps make sure you have new verstion when installing not the outdated one

if this works for you pleas leat me know so i can teas Galvin lol

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Thanks for the extra info blaze, if they can't fix via Gavin's help then can try yours.

Reading thru Gavins' help, you can do the full manual uninstall and yes procguard.sys is mention. :)

I did not know of your probs Blaze, thanks for sharing your workaround. ;)

Cheers, TAS

7. Mr.Blaze

yup that problem was from an older verstion basicly upgrading

i look on google with people haveing same prob as me and man yikes

just type in procguard.sys in google lol

and every time they point to G man uninstall but in lots of cases it didnt work and in a few it did

so i bash my head in for a few hours straight wondering why it wouldnt die

it was like procguard.sys was wearing a hockey mask and carying a machette it would not die

finaly on a reinstall i said the hell with it ignore it i dont care if it not recomended just install lol

it did

and there was the damn procguard.sys stareing back at me

i was pisst so i uninstalled process guard only to find that the new verstion actualy did a full clean uninstall and send procguard.sys to hell for me lol

then i reinstall the new one algain and it had no error and added the new verstion of procguard.sys

it was a nightmare.

but yup thats my whole story on it

8. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

When you are talking of the new version of PG, wich version are you talking about? Is it the version 2.0, wich cause problem with the SP2 or is it the version 3.0 (in wich the problems should be solve)?

Thank you,

9. Mr.Blaze

the latest v2.0 lol 3.0 isnt out lol sound like some one wanting the new 3.0

SP2 is causing few problems with security applications go figure thx bill for another one lol

10. Atomas31

You bet I want the version 3, since the version 2 with SP2 screw my system!!!

By the way, I have the full paid version of PG that's why I want a version that can work properly with my system! But, I have big confidence that all the bug will be fix with the new released and that the new version will work like a charme like all the Diamonds products ;-))))

11. Mr.Blaze

yeah they been perty awsome with me they usealy fix alot of stuff based on feed back something most companys wont do.

i think the reason why things take so long is cause of the wish list on there products.

and now with the big sp2 update they got there work cut out for them

thats why im not naging them anymore lol

did process guard really screw up your system i have xp home with sp2 all it did was cause programs to stall

but thats it basicly hang time

it didnt screw it up all i did was shut dowen process guard and it went to normal

12. Atomas31

Me too when I disable PG everything got back to normal!

English is not my firs language so maybe the term "screw my system" is too strong? But, let just say I got a lot of problems with the protection of PG enable (system freezes or crashes, or nothing was responding so I have to manually reboot my system and that, frequently, and a lot of minor problem with the protection). Now, That I have uninstalled PG (waiting for the new version :), my system is back to normal.

Atomas31

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.