Problems on Shutdown

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by RossA, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RossA

RossA Registered Member

Since installing PG I have had problems with shutdown. Rather than closing all the windows, it often does nothing, or brings up error messages saying that I need to close the windows manually.

What programs need access when closing down and what access should they have e.g. termination, modify etc.

Thanks for your help.

RossA

2. rickontheweb

rickontheweb Registered Member

I see two possibilities...

Usually enabling learning mode and letting your machine boot - wait - shutdown, reboot - rewait - reshutdown and then turn learning mode off on the 3rd boot should prevent what you are seeing. Always make sure your machine is free of malware before using learning mode for reboot/shutdowns.

Did you enable secure message handling on some apps? I've had similar situations arise with that, sometimes it wants me to verify via SMH to shut something down before a reboot, other times SMH flashes briefly and the machine terminates everything and reboots anyway - it seems to depend on how the app was written, does it have a window like a real app or is it performing a function, whether it has a close button etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.