Problems loading new tds

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Rainwalker, Jul 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I can download new TDS-3. SEEMS to install but when I try to open it I get a dialog box thanking me for trying it and informing me that my trial period is over. Your welcome I'm sure, but I ain't got no trial v. :p I did a clean install.....when asked if I wanted to delete 'those files' I said no...... no luck.....I said yes.....still no luck. Downloaded from site (DSC) a second time and same thing happened. Can anyone throw a bit of light this way? :doubt:

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Are you sure you have your registration file in your TDS directory? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause that error. If it is there, maybe its corrupt and needs to be copied over with a backup copy?

3. Rainwalker

Thanks for getting right back Dan I was thinking(?) I added that to the directory after opening. I'll try before this time. :oops:

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Rainmaker, In the final release, you may not have noticed that the default TDS3 directory has changed from C:\TDS3 to C:\programme files\TDS3. So if you did not alter the path to install into the original directory your keyfile will not be found.

If this is so, either re-install to your original directory or move your keyfile.

Some time ago we had a discussion about the default directory and it was thought better to choose a directory of your own making as this could be more secure from some malware that looks for the default install path.

HTH Pilli

5. Rainwalker

Hi Pilli,
    I saw the path was different but had already deleted older version. I had put key file on floppy so did a copy/paste. Aware of discussion. Thank you for your considerate post though. :) By the way, it is Rainwalker........ never never Rainmaker....jeeeezzzzz
    :D I live in a Rain Forest.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Cheers Rainwalker, M &W Hmm must have been reading it upside down :oops:

Living in the UK I can imagine a rainforest - A bit like Manchester without the heat :p Apologies to any Mancurians out there - I live in the "Soft South"

7. Rainwalker

Hey Pilli
    Just saw your post. For some strange reason I can not get the smiles to work. They have always worked before. Hmmm.... I'll take a closer look some other time. Anywhy, let me say this; I have been to Manchester and it would be one of me top favorite places to go should I ever feel the need to work on me tan....LOVE the UK..... but rain... you have no idea!!
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.