Problems Installing RollBack RX v9

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pratzert, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I went to install my new version of Rollback Rx Client V9 which had the critical updates done to it already.

When I tried two times to install it, I got an Error code 8801 - Insufficent disk space.

I had over 500GB of free space and the Microsoft Defrag program said a Defrag was not necessary.

Just for the heck of it, I went ahead and did a defrag and tried the install again and this time I was successful.

But... as soon as the program installed, my system went into a "CHKDSK" and I allowed it to continue.

The CHKDSK said it "Deleted corrupt attribute record (128,"") from file record segment 164604" and one other corrupt attribute.

It also said it "Deleted index entry in iexplor" and "Recovered orphaned files".

My system seemed to then boot up ok and showed Rollback installed.

But why the Chkdsk ? Was I ok to allow it to run and fix the errors, or have I done some harm to my system ?

Anyway... after the bootup I pulled up the DOS Command prompt and ran a CHKDSK in read only mode and it still came up with a few things.... and these are a little more worrisome:

Checkdisk - file verification
    Checkdisk is recovering lost files
    Checkdisk is verifying security descriptors
    Checkdisk discovered free space marked as allocated in (MFT) bitmap
    Checkdisk discovered free space marked as allocated in Volume bitmap.

So is chkdsk seeing the space that Rollback has held in a secret reserve for the Rollback system ?

What should I do next ? SHould I run CHKDSK with the "/f" paramater" ?

I want to be sure to avoid a crash or BSOD.

Thanks, Tim

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

If you have not already done so I would suggest you post this to the new Horizon/RollBack forum. The moderators seem to be quite active and they would probably be better equipped to help than the folks here.

http://horizondatasys-forum.com/horizon-datasys/

3. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I have opened a support ticket so they are aware of the problem(s).

But I believe the people here know as much, an in many cases... more.... than the Horizon support people.

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

You may be correct about that but the Horizon folk can bring the issue to the attention of the folks who actually wrote the program if nec.

5. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I used to get this error too, namely sector 128,"" getting corrupt all the time. and all other chkdsk issues you mentioned. This was with v8.1 of rollback. Run chkdsk again after 2 days and you will again see this sector 128,"" corruption entry.

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi pratzert

Whilst bgoodman is correct you may also want to post the information provided in your original post over at the HDS forum under the bug thread entitled:

"V9 Critical Update (Build 2694078476) - Issues/Potential Bugs"

at http://horizondatasys-forum.com/rollback-rx/

It is regularly monitored by the mods over there and they have been able to follow up with the Dev Team directly to get some additional focus on some issue.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.