Problems in uninstalling Security Task Manager from newber.com

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by yogishree, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogishree

yogishree Registered Member

Hi All ,

I had installed Security Task Manager (Taskman 1.6.3.0 ) after unloading it from newber.com.

Neuber claims that : "Security Task Manager displays detailed information about all running processes (applications, DLL's, BHO's and services). For each process, it improves on Windows Task Manager.
    The Security Task Manager recognizes also virtual driver software, services, BHO and other processes hidden from the Windows task manager."

I used the program a couple of times but this appears to be having some bugs - does not display all the info claimed and reports errors after some use & has to be shut down.The help file is not available also. I may add that this is a trial version.

I am now trying to uninstall the program as it has not been used by me for quite some time now but on checking up I find there is no Uninstaller provided - neither does the program appear in Add/Remove programs.Checked up with the 'Unistalinfo' section of SpyBot but nothing is listed about this program.

Could anyone please guide me as to how this program be uninstalled.

Thanks in advance.

2. coast2coast

coast2coast Guest

It's listed in my add/remove programs list as Security Task Manager 1.6d.

I don't understand why it isn't listed in your add/remove programs. Sounds like it may possibly be damaged in some way. But one thing I have heard if you are having trouble removing something, because of missing/damaged files or whatever the cause, is to reinstall the program (use the same installer or version if possible) again, and then try to delete it. This seems to work more times than not if your having trouble deleting something.

Security Task Manager is a good quality program though, and does provide much data that Windows 'regular' task manager cannot. I'm sorry to hear you have had trouble with it. I think the program is very useful and will find all kinds of malware like trojans and keyloggers. It has proven itself very useful and valuable on my system, and does work as advertised. I hope you get your problem fixed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.