Problems downloading SpywareBlaster 3.2 on XP-SP2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rockie, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockie

rockie Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster 3.2 released!

Hi, I'm new here.

OK, I've uninstalled my old version of spywareblaster. I have d/l that dratted XP SP2 (I'm hating it), also IE 6 with all upgrades - am on dial-up.

Now, I'm trying to d/l the new version of spywareblaster. I've tried the majorgeeks - both US d/l places. The first, the d/l just "hangs" at like 20%. So cancelled, went back, tried the second listed. That did d/l, I had it set to save to my desktop so I could set it up. When I clicked on the setup.exe I got a message saying that it was Corrupted!

I've turned the windows firewall off, I did run a spybot scan - came up clean. I have AOL, used their spyware scanner and it found Gator. Clicked to remove that.

What could be happening with either not being able to get the d/l to finish or getting that Corrupted window. I can't d/l ad-aware either, that d/l just sticks. Security set med-low in internet tools.

Thank you from a totally non-techie person who is totally confused!

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi rockie, and welcome to the forum. :)

I've split your thread off of the ""SpywareBlaster 3.2 released" thread and into a thread of it's own in case it takes more than a few posts to help you resolve the problem you're having with downloading SpywareBlaster 3.2.

Since it's been a few days from your first post, have you been able to download SpywareBlaster 3.2 successfully, and the other programs you mentioned having trouble with?

Please let us know if anything has changed.

Regards,

snap

3. rockie

rockie Registered Member

Hi

I'm sorry, things have been a little out of control.

Yes, I was finally able to successfully d/l the newest SpywareBlaster from allsecpros.com. After I uninstalled the XP SP2. Nothing would update or download after that d/l and installation no matter what.

Unfortunately, something did get through your protection today. I'm working on getting help to get rid of it.

Thanks so much!

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi rockie,

I'm glad to hear you were able to download SpywareBlaster and get it running. I am seeing some other posts where people are having problems with downloading some programs after the installation of XP-SP2. I don't have that installed myself yet, but I think I'll hold off until we see what is causing those kind problems with XP-SP2. :doubt:

Well that's not good hear. Maybe it was something not listed in SpywareBlasters database yet? I am glad to hear you are getting help with removing whatever it was that snuck in, though. Please let us know how it works out. :)

Regards,

snap

5. confused28

confused28 Registered Member

I also have XP-SP2 and cannot download just about anything! I have been trying to download Spyware Blaster and Hijack This for ages and cant seem to get past the error 403 that keeps popping up. Can you help?

6. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

myself i got a new xp home w/sp2 intergrated and since installation have had no probs dl'ding anything. i think the key thing is it installs sp2 along with os at the same time and thus reduces any probs with one of those seperate sp2 overlay installs, we keep hearing horror stories about.

7. ?confused28

?confused28 Guest

I have tried everything i can think of. i got firefox and tried using that and still nothing! I need help!

8. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

-What Anti-Virus System?
    -Any Web-filters (… AdSubtract, Proxomitron)?
    -With SP2, do you see what I see? What I see will be shown below.

Another factor can be bad RAM which is known to cause file corruption, incomplete downloads, not saying this is your case, but I would check the RAM if you experience much in the way for corruptions and system crashes and freezes. And Hard Drive can be another… :(

Attached Files:

9. confused28

Am running avg free and norton systemworks. also have spybot, stinger, vcleaner, and adaware.
    No web filters(?)
    Dont see what you see at all. dont know what is going on.
    i was able to d/l spyware blaster but i am still having probs d/ling anything else.
    could it be the SP2? some other people i know have had probs since installing it and that is when this prob started. o_O

10. Phant0m

Your problem may be specific to browser and it settings, are you capable of downloading http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.zip ?

11. confused28

tried using link suggested and browser wouldnt open it. have no idea what ti do next

12. Phant0m

When you say "wouldnt open it" do you mean no "File Download" dialog that offers "Open", "Save", and "Cancel" operations?

13. confused28

mozilla firefox says object has been blocked

14. Phant0m

Don’t use Firefox so I can’t help you out there... :(
    I'm sure a firefox user will read and post soon.

15. confused28

IE6.0 says error 403 with the link. cant d/l anything. how do i check RAM?
    o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.