Problems cloning with Easy Migrate (Raid to Single drive)

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by TerraBlader, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerraBlader

TerraBlader Registered Member

Hello all,

I am trying to clone a Raid 0 SATA setup (two drives) to a single Ultra ATA drive.

My setup is as follows. Intel D875PBZ motherboard, 3.4 processor, 2 gig ram., Windows XP Professional.

I run the clone option to migrate the two drives running as raid to the one new drive, it appears to finish without error. However when trying to boot off that drive I get Windows XP screen but no user accounts and it seems to hang up there without going further. I tried unplugging the Raid drives, and disabling raid in bios, and making sure the new drive is the primary (first drive to boot from). No luck the clone does not seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?, how can I clone this raid to a single drive so that I can get rid of it?

I can see the cloned drive in my drive list it appears to have cloned (all the files are there) but it will not boot up as I mentioned past the windows initial log in screen. Also no users on the log in screen..

Thanks much!!!

Rich

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rich,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transferring Software.

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

In case it still does not boot, perform Windows Repair Installation as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If it does not help then please describe your actions which you took during the cloning process in more details. Please make screen shots of your every step.

Please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. TerraBlader

Thank you for the quick response.

Should I just try cloning the drive again? Is there some options that would insure that it gets cloned correctly. (i.e. the new drive will boot up without a hitch).

As mentioned its from two sata raid 0 to 1 ultra ata on IDE 1. The source is 150 gb the destination is 180 gb.

Shouldn't the drives be able to clone without having to do a windows repair? This is a bit concerning because I really need to make sure that there is no corruption to the structure of the OS on the new drive.

On a step by step basis I basically used mostly the defualt options. Nothing special really.

I tried to boot in safe mode as well with the cloned drive it just getts to the blue screen with the windows graphic on it, no users to log in with. same.

Do you have phone support?

Thank you,
    Rich

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rich,

I'm afraid that there is no option to verify a hard drive after cloning.

In case you perform cloning from a SATA drive to IDE then it is necessary to use Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep) as it is described in this FAQ article before cloning.

We do not provide free phone support at the moment, however it will probably be implemented in the future. Moreover, most of the technical problems are much easier to resolve via e-mail, because the process usually includes some instructions on how to obtain certain files, create logs, for example.

However, if you wish to resolve your problem via phone anyway, please visit this section of our web site regarding the purchase of phone priority support.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. TerraBlader

Wow, this is really tough. I tried WD Data Lifeguard, Maxtor MaxBlast, Easy Migrate, and Image. This is turning into a major headache on day 2.

I tried repiar level 2 and the dos commands you mentioned it still did not work.

I read all I could about sysprep but its daunting to understand how to use it.

Thanks Rich

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.