Problems: Acronis True Image Agent and NOD32

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by frithjof, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frithjof

frithjof Registered Member

Hi everybody,

unfortunately I encountered the following behaviour:

Remote Installation of Acronis True Image Agent on the client worked very well.
    Reboot the Client. - Tried to connect to the Client with the Acronis Management Console. - Nothing, The hourglass is turning and turning... Everything hung.

I browsed a little through the forums, and found out, that I am not the only one with problems like this. For example:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=125566&highlight=acronis remote agent

As described deinstallation of the NOD32 virusscanner solved the problem. But now I have for both programs enterprise licences and need both programs to run simultanously on the machines. What a mess.

I excluded the Acronis *exe files in the NOD32 Imon, but no way to get things up and running.

I know that a similar behaviour exists, if you try to connect to clients from a legato backup server.

Any hint appreciated. Thanks.

Frithjof

Hamburg - Germany

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I have no problems with NOD32 and Acronis Home v.10. I have under the HTTP Compatibility Setup to "Higher Efficiency" instead of "Higher Compatibility" for the NOD32 Update module - of which the program name is: "nod32krn.exe". You might try that...but as you have the Workstation, I'm not for certain, but would think they would be the same in this regard.

Allen

3. frithjof

frithjof Registered Member

Hi Allen,
    thank you for your response. I gave it a try, but I have to deinstall the NOD32 stuff totally. Disabling Imon or any other of the monitoring daemons (amon, dmon,emon) doesn't help. I even tried to disable them alltogether in NOD32, but no connection.

Frithjof - still messin' around with this

4. twb

twb Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.