problem with z-560 speakers

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by tempnexus, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Ok my Logitech Z-560 woofer all of the sudden stoped working. The speakers work fine and so does the controller but the woofer gives no bass? I mean if the fuse is gone then well non eof the speakers would work right? Unless woofer has a speciality secondary fuse?

Any ideas would be great since I don't want to scrap this great system.

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Get a new subwoofer!

3. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

So there is no fix?

I can't just buy a new one since well They don't sell "just the sub". :)

Too bad.

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I assume it is out of warranty? If not then just send it in.
    Sometimes it is a cable or connector problem, try to jiggle the connection/cables a little. Try the speakers on another computer just in case it is something on your computer (note if it is an intermittant connection, it may appear to "fix" itself). Try replacing cables if they are not molded in.
    If you are hardware tech oriented, you could unplug, disassemble the woofer and look for an internal fuse or breaker (beware of larger capacitors as they can hold a charge for a while after unpluging). It could also have been the victim of a power surge or simply engineered obsolescence or poor manufacturing.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.