Problem with writing to NFS mount

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by norcal_tech, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norcal_tech

norcal_tech Registered Member

I just installed the latest build of True Image for Linux on a remote server. My only access is via a PuTTY interface (so no GUI). I created a NFS share on another server located on the same DMZ. I was able to successfully mount it as /mnt/backup. However when i try and run true image from the command line:

trueimagecmd --harddisk:1 --filename:08_19_2005_A.tib --\create --progress:eek:n

I get the following error:

Saving partition structure
    [##################################################] 100%
    Creating partition image
    [######################################............] 76%
    Write error

So i try and save a test file while in the mounted directory /mnt/backup and i get a write permission denied error. I read through some NFS troubleshooting tips and notice a comment about root squashing. Apparently, I can turn off the root squashing, however, every single site says this is a huge security risk.

So.... I try running acronis under a different user rather than root. However when running the same exact image create command:

trueimagecmd --harddisk:1 --filename:08_19_2005_A.tib --\create --progress:eek:n

I now get the following error:

Serial number is incorrect.

How should I proceed? Any tips you can provide on getting this working would be greatly appreciated!

Confused True Image Newb

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello norcal_tech,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility on some Windows computer and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. norcal_tech

Unfortunately, the server I installed True Image Server for Linux on, is in Southern California, and I am administering it remotely from Northern California. I dont currently have physical access to run the boot disk on it. :doubt:

Is there anything else I can do, to get you the info you need to help me?

Confused True Image Newb

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello norcal_tech,

Could you please send the description of the problem to support@acronis.com indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva? She will provide you with further instructions on what to do to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. norcal_tech

Thanks! I just sent off an email to support with Marian in the subject. Appreciate the assistance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.