Problem with W2K3 and Services for Unix

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nesdax, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesdax

nesdax Registered Member

Hello,

i have a problem with my Acronis True Image Server 9.1 (german version) on my Windows 2003 Server with SP1. It is a domain controller with exchange 2003 and "Services for Unix" - the server shares a directory via NFS.

When i was installing Acronis True Image Server the NFS Server didn't work anymore. Exchange worked fine i think. So the fastest solution was to remove Acronis from my W2K3.

Is there a solution that i can use the Image Software?

Best regards
    Marcus

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nesdax,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the problem persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. dheijl

dheijl Registered Member

Could http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177078 be at the root of the problem (just a wild guess)?

Danny
    ---

4. nesdax

nesdax Registered Member

Hello!

Thank you for the answers. So the problem is, when i'm installing (and running) TI9 then the NFS Server didn't work anymore. So i don't want to install it again on the server when there is no solution for it.

I think that there isn't a problem with antivirus software because without TI the server work fine.

Thanks
    Marcus

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marcus,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please try increasing the IRPStackSize value as it is described in this FAQ article.

Please let us know if that does not solve the problem. We will certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. nesdax

nesdax Registered Member

Hi,

i tried to increase the IRPStackValue parameter and now installed the last version of TI9 and it seems to work. But tomorrow morning the people are working with the system and then i have more information (because the last time the error was after 1 day!).

So when there are still more problems i will write to you. Thank you for your help,

Marcus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.