Problem with Volume Buttons on Keyboard

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xlivin0naprayerx, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlivin0naprayerx

xlivin0naprayerx Registered Member

Hi. I have an hp Pavilion 533w and my keyboard has "volume up" and "volume down" buttons in the upper right hand corner. When I first started using the PC (about 10 months ago), when I used these buttons to adjust the volume, a green volume bar would appaar on the bottom of the screen that would show the changes I was making. (If the volume was low and had 3 bars and I held down the "volume up" button, and finally let go, there would now be maybe 11 bars). I noticed lately that the buttons still work to adjust the volume, but the volume bar no longer appears. I've been searching help on my computer and hp's website forever. I've worn myself out. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Marissa

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I used to have a 533w and had the same problem. You can go into the audio configuration and it has a box to check to enable the volume bar graph. It has been a while since I had that model, but there is a setting either in the audio or keyboard settings.

3. xlivin0naprayerx

xlivin0naprayerx Registered Member

I've been searching FOREVER. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone else help? I'm going nuts! Thanks.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Have you attempted to reload the keyboard driver or have you downloaded the 6-30-2004 Multimedia keyboard driver update for Microsoft Windows XP

Code:
    Release Date: 2004-06-30          Version: 1.0.2.2.610
     Description  
    Multimedia keyboard driver update for Microsoft Windows XP

Purpose: Recommended Update

Operating System: 
    Microsoft Windows XP Home
    Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional 

Fixes 
    Resolves an issue causing the keyboard multimedia buttons not 
    to work when using Media Center to watch live TV or recorded
    TV shows.

Resolves an issue preventing the display of both the PC volume
    control and Media Center volume control.
    Found here---> HP Pavilion 533w Multimedia Keyboard Driver Update(English)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.