Problem with v5 and Windows Communication Foundation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jf2go, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I am running Axis Camera Station software to manage security cameras. Camera Station is based on Windows Communication Foundation. For some time now, I have been getting security errors when logging into the Client application.

>>>>
    System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException, Unable to decrypt an encrypted data block. Please verify that the encryption algorithm and keys used by the sender and receiver match.
    <<<<

I finally resorted to logging into the Client App from a virtual machine on my network (not running NOD32). Axis has been working on the problem, but could not find a solution. In searching the web, I ran across the following link:

http://faq.reversevision.com/doku.php?id=faq:installation:eset.nod32.antivirus.interference

This is likely what has been causing the problem, and have been incorrectly pressing Axis Communications to fix it. The problem still occurs when I temporarily disable NOD32. My next step will be to uninstall NOD32 and see if the problem disappears.

Are the Eset representatives here aware of this problem, and is there a fix available?

Running Windows 7 SP1 x64
    EAV 5.0.95.0
    Link to Application - http://www.axis.com/products/cam_station_software/one.htm
    I am using the current version of ACS - 3.51.29

EDIT:
    Yep, that was it. I uninstalled NOD32 and I can log in to Axis Camera Station Client without a problem. Arrrgh...back to Security Essentials for a while until this gets sorted out.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried disabling HTTP checking and real-time protection, one at a time, to see if the problem goes away? If disabling HTTP checking helps, have you tried excluding the application or IP address(es) from content filtering?

3. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I did not try selectively disabling portions of NOD32. What I did try was the menu pick to temporarily disable protection. That menu item completely disables all NOD32 features, correct? That did not help, and the problem still appeared. I had to uninstall NOD32 to eliminate the problem.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Disabling protection modules is different to disabling protocol filtering or specific drivers. Hence I was asking about disabling http checking / protocol filtering in the first place.

5. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

Okay, I understand now. I will re-install NOD32 so that I can reproduce the problem and try your suggestions.

6. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I re-installed NOD32, and the problem returned. I disabled HTTP checking in Web Access Protection, and the Camera Station login problem did not occur. I then re-enabled HTTP checking and added the IP's of my cameras and the Camera Station Server to Excluded IP addresses under Protocol Filtering. That also corrected the problem, and since those are internal LAN IP's I can leave them excluded. Thanks for your help.

7. xwray

xwray Registered Member

I am also experiencing a problem with my AXIS web cam with V5 but my problem is presenting different symptoms. The video display is completely corrupted showing only blocky randomly colored data moving across the screen. Do the experts think it is possible that this fix will also fix my problem.

I have an AXIS installed on my local system here in Houston and there is another installed in my 94 year old mom's house in Orlando so my sisters and I can periodically check in to ensure she hasn't fallen or worse. I consider the AXIS web cams to be essential. The corrupted video occurs whether I am looking at my local AXIS video or the video from the AXIS in Orlando. I do not have any issues with any other video, youtube, emailed videos or any thing else - only the AXIS video.

During previous troubleshooting I uninstalled V5 and reinstalled v4 and the AXIS video worked fine. I then reinstalled V5 and the problem returned. Reinstalling v4 fixed the problem again so I'm certain the problem lies within
    v5.

When you temporarily disable protection does that not completely kill all AV functionality? I did disable the AV but it had no effect at all on the corrupted display issue. Are there AV processes still active when the AV is disabled (I would think it would act as if it had never been installed)? If there are no processes active, and the AXIS display is still messed up, then it does not make sense to reload v5 to try and tweak it's settings because it seems to me that it's mere presence on my system - 64 bit win 7 w/all updates - is causing the problem and I would rather the experts think about a different approach to solving the problem. My guess is that v5 is interfering with whatever codecs AXIS uses to display its video.

I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this problem.

8. jf2go

jf2go Registered Member

I had the same issue, but could view my live cameras without corruption using Axis's MPEG codec. If I used the motion JPEG codec, I experienced corrupt live video. I added the camera IP's to NOD32 under excluded IPs in protocol Filtering and that resolved the problem for me. Give it a try, and hopefully it works for you.

9. averyaudio

averyaudio Registered Member

How to fix scrambled video when accessing an Axis camera using a computer with ESET NOD32.

1. Double click on the NOD32 icon in the task bar.
    2. Click on Setup
    3. Click on Computer
    4. Click on Configure…
    5. Click on the + to the left of Web and email
    6. Click on the + to the left of Web Access Protection
    7. Click on HTTP,HTTPS
    8. Uncheck Enable HTTP checking
    9. Click OK
    10. Access the camera that was scrambled before
    Note: I take NO responsibility for any problems this may cause to your system.
    Always check with your system administrator before making changes to your computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.