problem with true image boot cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jjaomni, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjaomni

jjaomni Registered Member

true image boot cd gives a msg that the configuration file could not be found and says press enter and then posts that msg again again after pressing enter.
    i have a abit ip35 board with the intel matrix ich9r chipset. with the raid bios turned on.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try re-making the boot CD.

3. jjaomni

jjaomni Registered Member

i tried several different times

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try the boot cd on another computer.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. regnim

regnim Registered Member

I just ran into this. The problem is the boot hard disk and not the CD rescue disk. I was building a new system and grabbed an old hard disk that used to be part of a raid array and got this message over and over. I returned the hard disk to the system with the raid and deleted the raid volume the the hard disk thought it was part of and now the rescue cd works just fine. I think if I would have wrote zeros to the problem disk it would have worked as well.

7. LOOX

LOOX Registered Member

Having the same issue with my recovery media made when trying to use it to access my SATA hard drives in AHCI mode on my Abit P35 with Intel ICH9R chipset. RAID is not active, but I am operating in AHCI mode, under the msahci driver.

I used the above link to put in a request for the Panacea ISO mentioned by Acronis.

Two rhetorical questions, if I may:
    1. Wouldn't supplying this magic Panacea ISO to all purchasers be the cure all we've been hoping for? and
    2. How come the latest True Image 11 build added support for my chipset but True Image 10 was not so provided for? And, more curious, why has Disk Director 10 not been updated to include support for this very popular chipset, especially now that it has been already implemented for ATI 11's Recovery CD module? For many of us who have both TI 11 and DD 10, we appreciate the convenience of placing both applications on one recovery CD. However, does this mean DD 10's Recovery Module, not yet updated, is an inferior boot environment and all recovery media should be made using TI1.? If so, Acronis shouldn't instruct us on the best way to create the Recovery CD before we create it and, more importantly, before we need it?

Okay, I know that sounds like more than two questions. Technically, there were only 2; the second question just happened to have four sub-parts... but the point remains, this is not like withholding a firefox extention that plays iTunes. Recovey Environments are not ancillary to your product. Far from it, I would say they are at the heart of what Acronis is all about, whether it be True Image or Disk Director. If there is an better ISO out there for restoring True Image images, why withhold it from those who don't know about these boards or know to request it. Recovery CD's are, by their very nature, a device of last resort. When a user takes the time to boot from one of these CD's, that usually means the user is in pretty dire straights or, at the very least, using them to perform an operation on their main OS.

From my experience as a customer, and from making all my friends and family become customers so I wouldn't have to keep fixing their computers, and even from just reading these fora, it is painfully obvious that Acroins fosters an exceptional loyalty from their customers. Just the fact that Acronis is willing to provide some us with the ISO when needed is a testament to their commitment.

I am sure you have legal, technical, licensing, or other issues preventing you from doing this, but I'd like to see Acronis supply the more reliable Recovery CD module as an upgrade to all of their products -- at the same time. Instead, we have ATI 10 CD's that contain both ATI 10 and DD 10. We also have DD 10 recovery CD's that contain the same two applications, but are inconsistent relative to their boot capabilities because DD10 hasn't been upgraded to include them yet. It can get quite confusing. Then we throw ATI 11 in the mix and things get even more complicated.

Still a fan, and look forward to a rescue environment that I so desperately need

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.