Problem with True Image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xichlodap, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xichlodap

xichlodap Registered Member

I tested try the True Image 9 to create image my hard drive (C:) which has 2 partions: Windows XP and Fedora Core 3. The Error appear "Failed to read data from the disk". (Please see attachment). Is there any way I can create image including that Linux OS. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. como

como Registered Member

I do not know anything about Linux but do know that windows cannot "see the files"

You don't say whether your image was created from windows or from the TI rescue boot disk, if you created your image from windows try again from the TI rescue boot disk, this is Linux based and may solve your problem

If this is not the case then you will have to wait until someone with more knowledge to come along

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xichlodap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 9.0 does not support Linux LVM within Windows. It will be probably supported in the future builds/versions of Acronis True Image.
    However, we recommend you to create the bootable rescue media with the latest update and try to create an image in rescue mode.

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.