Problem with TI 8 and 2003 SP1...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by twenty8eight, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twenty8eight

twenty8eight Registered Member

We are new customers of Acronis...We have TI Enterprise Server 8.

We have a server that was running Windows 2000 Server this morning.
    We successfully pulled down an image of the server then upgraded the box to 2003 Server SP1.

Since upgrading to 2003 SP1, we cannot

A: Create an image
    or
    B: Upgrade/Re-install the agents

Does anyone know of any problems with TI 8 and 2k3 SP1 o_O?

Is there something I need to do besides turn off the Windows Firewall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello twenty8eight,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Have you tried reinstalling the application? If no, then please uninstall Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 first and then install it again.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (115:cool: of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (115:cool: of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

Please also check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility. Use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

If that does not help then please describe the issue in more words.

What exactly do you mean when saying that you can not create an image?

Please also clarify what exactly do you mean when saying that you can not "Upgrade/Re-install the agents"?

Tell me if you have received any error messages? What exact error messages?

Where do you store your images?

Have you made any other changes to your software\hardware configuration?

What operating systems are installed on the PCs where you can not install Acronis Agent?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. twenty8eight

twenty8eight Registered Member

We are running the latest build.
    We push the agents and initiate image creations from a single server in our datacenter running TI Enterprise 8 build 1158.

"What exactly do you mean when saying that you can not create an image? "

I mean that if I go into the console, connect to a remote computer, and then click create image, I get an error saying that Acronis has not found any Hard Disk Drives.

Please also clarify what exactly do you mean when saying that you can not "Upgrade/Re-install the agents"?

I mean that if I click on upgrade the remote agent, I get an error message saying " Fata error during installation"

Where do you store your images?

On a SAN attached file server, but the problem is before I get to the point where I point to an image.

Have you made any other changes to your software\hardware configuration?

No, we made an image of this server successfully at 10am yesterday when it was running Windows 2000 sp4, then upgraded the box to Windows 2003 SP1, then tried to create a new image, and the problem began.

What operating systems are installed on the PCs where you can not install Acronis Agent?

Windows Server Standard Edition 2003 SP1

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

1. Remotely installed agents on a Windows 2000 Server
    2. Created image successfully.
    3. Upgraded OS on client server to Windows Server 2003 SP1
    4. Tried to create a new image of the now upgraded server, image creation failed saying that Acronis could not find any hard drives.
    5. Tried to re-install the agents remotely, and that also failed stating Fatal error during installation.
    6. Disabled Windows Firewall and tried again, same results.

I did not uninstall and re-install the application, as the issue appears to be on the client server, not the TI server...

Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.