Problem with the remote connection Acronis true image managment concole...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sakrayaami, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakrayaami

sakrayaami Registered Member

Hi there im using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 , ive remotly installed acronis components to several computers and everything was ok. I could connect them, make remotly backup tasks and etc. But one of the pcs when i try to connect it the Acronis true image managment concole, seems to hang, the mouse is in waiting clock, and nothing else is avaible, it just freeze like that until i press ctrl alt del, and end task. What could it be? After all ive menaged to install on the problem pc remotly acronis components, ive restarted several times the machine etc...
    Excuse my bad english, ill be very thankful if you could help me.:D

2. Screenamic

Screenamic Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem.

Installed the Agent via the Management Console on a client computer. Everything works fine including automatic restart of the fresh installed client (even newly installed win xp).

I then tried to connect to this pc but the management console got stuck there. Only way to continue on server was to quit the management console process.

I have done before several other installations without any problems. Anyone here could help?

Thank you

3. mihies

mihies Registered Member

Same here. Console freezes when accesing the other agent. Both OS are Vista x86 Ultimate and True Image Workstation 9.1

4. LanceD

LanceD Registered Member

If I understand this correctly you cannot connect to the other PC after the new image is installed? I've been playing with remote install for a little bit and found a few issues. If the network driver on the other PC is not the same and whats installed on the image you will run into problems. I've solved this problem by knowing what type of PC's I will be installing the image on and installing the drives for their network cards.

Another issue I found is when sysprep is being used on the image. Unless you are running min-setup ( Automatic setup) then the PC will be stuck in setup mode and wont get you to the login screens so that you can connect to it remotly.

Just what I've found.

5. mihies

mihies Registered Member

I have manually installed everything and it doesn't work for some reason. Remote connection works to another computer though (2003 x64) - that makes me thinking that it is somewhat related to Vista.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sakrayaami, Screenamic and mihies,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this is a known issue and it's being investigated at the moment. The workaround is to delete ag_fconnect.dll file located in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent folder on the computer where Acronis Agent is installed. The only disadvantage of this workaround is that one will not be able to use Acronis Backup Server and/or Acronis Group Server after deleting the above mentioned file if these components and Acronis Agent having the issue are installed on the same computer. However, in most cases there is no point in installing Acronis Backup Server and Acronis Group Server on the machine that you want to backup as in case of the system crash every backup located in Acronis Backup Server folder will be lost as well as all predefined group tasks. We therefore recommend that you install these components to a separate computer for better safety of your backups and group tasks.

If you wish to install Acronis Backup Server and/or Acronis Group Server on one of the computers having Acronis Agent installed anyway then please provide us with the following information:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both computer where Acronis Agent, Acronis Backup Server and/or Acronis Group Server are installed and computer where Acronis Management Console is running.
    Rename the files collected to report_agent.txt, sysinfo_agent.NFO and report_console.txt, sysinfo_console.NFO accordingly.

Describe your network structure in detail.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.