Problem with TDS3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by cliff_f, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliff_f

cliff_f Registered Member

Yesterday, i've got the TDS 3 . But only after i reboot my computer, I double click TDS3, it warn me like this:
    " Error #R31-couldn't load Radius system.
    Make sure RADIUS. TD3is not in use by another instance of TDS Scanner, and that the RADIUS. TD3 file is not corrupt."

I really don't know what happened,and i was just wondering how to deal with it.
    Many thanks.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Are you sure that you have not another copy of TDS-3 installed?
    Or that you had before?

Please look also at the following page and check whether you have the right "required system" files; versions numbers should be the same or higher.
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files

Please look also at this thread :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29034
    Do you indeed run TDS-3 as admin as described there?

Another question:
    Which language version is your Windows?

Can you manually download the Radius database as described here:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

3. cliff_f

Well, actually my computer is prtty good, and also i'm the only admin of on this computer. I've already got the latest RADIUS.TD3.
    In additon, I would like to tell you that I am a Chinese and I use the WIN XP SP2 Chinese version.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Cliff,

Alas, I'm really sorry, the problem is the Chinese version of Windows.
    TDS-3 has problems with Chinese, Korean, Japanese Windows versions.
    It will be fixed in TDS-4.

Can you run your Windows in English?

5. cliff_f

I'm afraid not.
    It's so reget that i can not use it .But I'm so glad to know you. You're so kind-hearted.
    Can we be friends?
    ~removed email address to prevent harvesting - Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2005
  6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Cliff and welcome!
    Like FanJ said, it is the language issue. If it were possible for you to set your system default to english TDS would run fine.
    Did you try it (via the control panel) and see it TDS is running properly then and did you perform a complete scan that way? Can be done in safe mode as well.
    Full system scans best should be done with all other scanners and their resident protection closed to give TDS full access to all files and with as many applications closed as possible to give TDS full bandwidth to speed up the scanning process, so best when you're not around the system anyway.
    In the end rightclick one of the alarms in the bottom console and save as scandump.txt so you have that at least to study if needed (it will be overwritten the next time you save to it so it won't grow too much).
    So after all that scanning and maybe handling several alerts when you need your chinese windows back you know to have a rather clean system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.