Problem with Spywareguard, Help Needed

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ashleywong, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleywong

ashleywong Registered Member

Dear All,

After i've installed spywareguard, i began to get the following message each time i start up my pc. i've tried to delete spywareguard so i can reinstall again but i was informed that there is an instant of spywareguard still running even though i've closed spywareguard.

the error message is as follows:

The instruction at "0x734305be" referenced memory at "0x734305be". The memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program. Click on "Cancel" to debug the program.

Can someone help me out please? Is spywareguard still in beta stage? Is there a bug in this program? How can I uninstall spywareguard cleanly?

My OS is Windows XP and i installed spywareguard under full setup.

thanks and regards
    ashley wong

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. ashleywong

Re: Problem with Spywareguard, Still Can't Uninstall Complete

Hi

Thanks for the guidance. I followed the instructions and was able to use the add/remove program to uninstall spywareguard. I was also told that there were several files/folder which had to be remove manually. I managed to remove all except for this Sgbhp.exe. Each time i try to delete it, i get a message saying access is denied, the file is protected.

How do i get rid of it? o_O

Thanks in advance.

Ashley Wong

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Re: Problem with Spywareguard, Still Can't Uninstall Complete

Hi ashleywong,

Open your task manager, select "sgbhp.exe" and click "end process". You should now be able to delete it with no problem....

5. ashleywong

What's with the error message about unable to read referenced memory?

Hi All

thanks for all your guidance and advice. I managed to uninstall Spywareguard completely. I then installed on minimal setup. However I still get the error message about "reference memory can't be read". This time i managed to uninstall completely, then did another re-installation, i still get this particular error message each time i switch on my pc. but the strange thing is Spywareguard is working..at least it works when i tried to change my IT default home page.

That error message is an annoyance. I finally uninstalled spywareguard. But I really would like to be able to use it.

Can someone help me out? WHy am i still getting that weird error message? :doubt:

Does this mean i won't be able to use spywareguard? :'( I have spywareblaster and i think it is one of the best security products on the net, aside from Adaware and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Thanks for all of your help :)

Regards
    Ashley Wong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.