Problem with secured sites when excluded certificates are set

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by giadokiekei, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giadokiekei

giadokiekei Registered Member

Hello, i have this problem. When i set an excluded certificate and choose ssl scanning with the choice of "apply exclusions" enabled, i can not connect to some secured sites. As an example of this is that when i logout from gmail i get an error page and logout is not achieved. Any ideas of what is causing this?

Thanks.

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

What version of ESET Smart Security are you using? The latest version is 4.2.67.10. What web browser and version are you using?

For SSL communication to work properly in your browsers/email clients, it is essential that the root certificate for ESET be added in the list of known root certificates (publishers). Select this option to automatically add the ESET root certificate to the known browsers (e.g. Opera, Firefox).
    To browsers using the system certification store, the certificate is added automatically (e.g. Internet Explorer).
    To apply the certificate to unsupported browsers, click View Certificate > Details > Copy to File... and then manually import it into the browser.

If the certificate cannot be verified using the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store, there are two options:
    Ask about certification validity -
    Prompts the user to select an action to take
    OR
    Block communication that uses the certificate -
    Terminates connection to the site that uses the certificate if the certificate is invalid or corrupt

3. giadokiekei

giadokiekei Registered Member

Hello, i am using latest versions of eset and firefox. The certificate is installed on firefox. I can browse secured sites when ssl scanning is enabled, but i can not when exclusions are been set. For example if i set an exclusion on eset for the mozilla certificate (so that i can allow firefox to check for updates) i, then, can not explore secured sites).

4. vtol

vtol Registered Member

that is a known incompatibility between NOD's SSL protocol filtering and FF update. This incompatibility is increasing, as of today, with the developments of future browsers - such as FF 4, C8, O11. remains to be seen whether Eset is going to do anything about it or abandon SSL protocol filtering for browsers then, except for IE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.