Problem with Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DonKid, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I´m using the last build (786), and if I start my computer with rescue media, I can resize it.I can´t manager the secure zone using Windows.So I log on in Windows and ask to remove secure zone.
    When my computer start booting it cant delete SZ.It says the configuration has changed.So I start using CD again and can delete the last SZ that I created, but the old one is still there.I tried to uninstall TI and reinstall it 4 times, but I cant delete SZ.I have a backup in another computer.If I format this one, and use the backup, the SZ will disappear ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DonKid,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you tell please why cannot you manage Acronis Secure Zone? What error do you encounter when trying to manage it?

If you restore a back up to a formatted drive you will get an absolute copy of the partition (or the disk) you have backed up. Thus if you created an image of the disk that contained Acronis Secure Zone it will be present after the restoration.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi thanks for helping me.

Well, I don´t know what happened. I have a full backup that starts monday and a incremental from tuesday to friday.The same backup I apply to SZ too_Of course, normal backup is done in another HD, and SZ in the same HD.Last week I was looking the size of my SZ backup and I saw it was too big.So, I decide to resize it.Now my problem starts.I tried to resize my SZ, but can´t do anything with it.The only way I can see it or resize it, is using rescue media. After log on, I can delete the new resized SZ, but when my computer reboots in DOS mode, True Image says my configuration has changed and can´t delete the SZ.I tried to uninstall and install TI several times, but still cant delete SZ.
    I´d like to know, if my complete backup from monday, contains SZ too.If doesn´t, I´ll try to format my HD and use my backup to restore it.I´m affraid that my backup could be corrupted, even I have checked it out many times.

Well, anyway, I´d like to thanks for your time and help.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

4. Acronis Support

Hello DonKid,

First of all, I am sure there is no need in formatting your hard drive.
    Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 and send this report to support@acronis.com. Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you but I need to have a look at this report first.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

5. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi, thanks for your help.

I have sent the report.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

6. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Re: Problem with Secure Zone - Solved

Hi Folks.

I´m back to say that my problem with SZ was solved today by the Acronis´s Team.
    I know each problem is different, others easier to solve than others, etc.
    My problem took a month, and the Acronis´s support was in contact to me everytime, and we tried differents ways to solve it.
    I like to be part of this forum, because here you can see how people can help others.
    Not those companies that has an auto answer, and rarely answer your e-mail.
    I´d like to thanks starting by Ilya Toytman, that answer one of my questions here in a Sunday, Anton Sherkhonov during the first week and Michael Gilkin about 3 weeks.
    I know that there´s some costumers waiting for an answer, but be patience.
    I´m sure your problem can be solved too.
    I hope everybody here can understand that we are humans, and together we can work for a better future.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  7. Acronis Support

Re: Problem with Secure Zone - Solved

Hello DonKid,

Thank you for your warm words.

Acronis company is continuousely improving the products and we hope everyone will enjoy using our software. Our Support Team is always ready to help any our customer to solve the problem. We will answer any your question which you post here on this forum or send to support@acronis.com. We suppose our answers to be even quicker and all your willings to be satisfied.

Our Development Team takes into account all you wishes, we have special enhancement list that includes everything you want to have in future Acronis products. That is why we have the special sticky thread (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=44197) where you can tell what you want Acronis to implement in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.