Problem with second account

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wallow, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallow

wallow Registered Member

I am running an up to date version of NOD32 v2.5 on an XP Home SP2 machine on which there are a number of accounts including my own and my wife's. Recently for various reasons I turned my wife's non-admin account into an admin account. Ever since that time, when she logs on, she is presented with a screen beginning "The upgrade of the NOD32 antivirus system (V2.5) which you have just installed ..." [I haven't 'just' installed it ...] leading to a second screen inviting her to enable ThreatSense. She duly enables ThreatSense, but the same screen sequence begins again the next time she logs on. How can I deal with this? (Don't tell me to make her account non-admin again ...)

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hello, wallow! You should try reinstalling NOD32 for her account only. ;)

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi pykko , I am not sure this will "help"...
    Only users with admin rights can install programs so when a program is installed , it is install for all the users on that computer . All users will use it equally . It is the same with NOD32 . Moreover I have real-life practise because at the place where I work , in XP Pro system we have two admins and 1 power user and no problems . Same with clients.

I would suggest the following :
    Since you now have 2 admin users , just reinstall NOD32 from the one you want (your desire,it doesn't matter)

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

7) Configure NOD32 as shown here

8 ) Enjoy your protection :thumb: :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.